Please take a few minutes to read the following policy so that you understand how we treat your information. As we continuously improve and expand our services, this policy might change, so please check it periodically.
Data Controller Information
Information you provide
Franchisee collects information you provide directly via the Web Site. The information we collect includes personally identifiable information, which is any information that concerns you individually and would permit someone to identify you. Some examples of information we collect include the following:
- Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and other contact data
- Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and other information for authentication and account access.
- Demographic Data. We collect demographic information including your age, gender, and country.
- Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make a purchase, including your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), the security code associated with your payment instrument.
- Order Information. We collect information about your orders and food choices.
- Profile Data. We collect your interests, favorites, and other profile data.
- Content. We collect the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide to customer support.
- Resume Data. We collect data as necessary to consider you for a job opening if you submit an application to us, including your employment history, transcript, writing samples, and references.
We collect information you provide at various points of the Web site, such as the following:
- Account Registration – To register an account with Franchisee, you will be required to fill out a registration form on the Web site. This form requires you to provide your first name and last name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and credentials. You may also provide payment data and profile data to help speed up and facilitate your future orders.
- Online Orders – You can place an online order for carryout or delivery through your registered account or as a guest. If you place a carryout order, you will need to provide your first name and last name, email address, telephone number, and order information. If you pay online, you will also need to provide your payment data. If you place an order for delivery, you will also need to provide your postal address.
- Rewards Programs – We may offer rewards programs, sweepstakes, contests, surveys, or other promotions (“Promotions”) through our Web site. In order to participate in a Promotion, you may be required to register an account and/or provide contact data, profile data, and other information.
- Other Transactions – We may offer you other opportunities to transact with us through the Web site. If you conduct transactions through the Web site, we will collect information you provide directly about the transactions you engage in while on the Web site. This information may include payment and billing information as well as the nature, quantity and price of the goods or services you exchange and the individuals or entities with whom you communicate or transact business.
- Email and other voluntary communications – You may also choose to communicate with us through email, via the Web site or through other means. Such communications may be in connection with our customer service efforts, your questions, or for other purposes. We collect the information in these communications, and such information may include information that personally identifies you.
You may choose to voluntarily disclose other information when using the Web site that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
Information Collected Automatically
When you visit the Web site, we automatically collect information about your device and how your device interacts with our Web site. Some examples of information we collect include the following:
- Service Use Data. We collect data about the features you use, the emails and advertisements you view, the products you purchase, the date and time you access the Web site, the pages you access while at the Web site, and the internet address of the web site, if any, from which you linked directly to the Web site, and other similar information.
- Device Connectivity and Configuration Data. We collect data about the type of device you use, the operating system and browser you use, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and other similar information. This data also includes IP address, MAC address, device advertising Id (e.g., IDFA or AAID), and other device identifiers.
- Location Data. We collect data about your device’s location, which can be precise (e.g., latitude/longitude data) or imprecise (e.g., location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level).
- Log Files
A log file is a file that records events that occur in connection with your use of the Web site, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data.
Types of cookies and tags on our Web site include:
- Functionality: Used to remember your preferences and for facilitating transactions such as purchases.
- Performance or Analytics: Used to measure site activity to improve user experience.
- Targeting: Used to display information and offers that specifically interest you.
- Local Storage
We use Local Storage, such as HTML5 storage, to store information related to whether the user has chosen to “Remain Logged In” as well as tokens if third party services are used. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Web site or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use Local Storage such as HTML 5 storage to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 Local Storage
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”)
Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “internet tags” or “clear gifs,” embedded in web pages and email messages. Web beacons may be used to count the number of visitors to the Web site, to monitor how users navigate the Web site, and to count content views. We may incorporate web beacons from third parties that allow us track our conversions, bring you advertising both on and off the Web site, and provide you with additional functionality, such as the ability to connect our Web site with your social media account.
- Embedded Scripts
An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Web site. It is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Web site, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location-identifying Technologies
GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, and other location-aware technologies locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location.
For further information on tracking technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, please see the sections entitled “Analytics, Advertising, and Retargeting” and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Information Collected Other Third Parties
- Social networks when you reference our Service or grant permission to Franchisee to access your data on one or more of these services.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
We are not responsible for the accuracy of any information provided by third parties or third party policies or practices.
Franchisee uses the information about you for our legitimate interests, including for purposes such as:
- opening, maintaining, administering and servicing users’ accounts or memberships;
- providing services and support to users;
- processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
- responding to your questions inquiries, comments and instructions;
- protecting our systems from fraud and unlawful access;
- maintaining the security and integrity of its systems;
- helping to establish and verify the identity of users;
- improving our Web site, stores, advertisements, products, and services;
- providing users with product or service updates, promotional notices and offers; and
- advertisements, and other information about Franchisee and its affiliates.
We also use information about with your consent, including for purposes such as:
- providing you with our Promotions;
- sending you promotional newsletters and marketing communications;
- serving digital advertisements to you tailored to your interests on third party ad properties; and
- fulfilling any other purposes disclosed to you and with your consent.
We may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Purposes and legal basis of data processing
The Users’ personal data will be processed by Arte Bianca under the following legal basis and for the following processing purposes:
- contractual obligations i.e. in order to give execution to the general conditions of the Website and to the sale conditions, being accepted by the User during the registration process; fulfill specific requests of the User. Subject to the User giving Franchisee a specific and optional consent to its data processing for marketing purposes, any contact data (name, surname, electronic mail address, phone number) will be used by Franchisee for the sole purpose of ascertaining the identity of the relevant User (also by means of validation of the electronic e-mail address), avoiding frauds or infringements, and contact the User only for services reasons;
- legal obligations, or in order to fulfill obligations provided by the law or the European laws and regulations.
Providing the personal data for the processing purposes specified above is optional but necessary, since failing to provide the same imply the impossibility to register to the Website. A star in the registration form identifies the personal data, which are necessary for purporting the processing purposes.
Further purposes of processing: marketing (sending advertising material, direct sales and commercial communication)
With the free and optional User’s consent, some User’s personal data (name, surname, electronic mail address, phone number) may be processed by Franchisee also for marketing purposes (direct sale, dispatch of marketing material and commercial communication) or in order for Franchisee to contact the relevant User by means of electronic mail for proposing to the same to purchase products and/or services offered by Franchisee and/or third parties companies, present offers, promotions and commercial opportunities.
Giving consent to personal data processing for such purpose is free and optional and, in the event such consent is missing, the possibility to carry on a purchase is not prevented in any manner whatsoever. In the event that such consent has been granted, the relevant User may revoke the same without retroactive effects at any time whatsoever upon request to Franchisee following the methods specified under the section entitled “Contact Us”. The relevant User may also easily oppose to the sending of further marketing communications (by e-mail) also clicking on the specific revocation link for revoking the consent, which is included in each marketing e-mail. Once revoked the consent Franchisee will send to the User an electronic mail message in order to confirm that the consent has been actually revoked.
Franchisee hereby informs that, following the exercise of the right to object to the sending of marketing communications, it could be possible due to technical issues (i.e. sending list already completed a little before the receipt by Arte Bianca of the objection request) the relevant User continues receiving further marketing messages. In the event that the relevant User continues receiving marketing messages once elapsed 24 hours from the exercise of the objection right, please flag such issue to Franchisee, using the contacts specified under the section entitled “Contact Us”.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose information about you as follows:
- Franchisee employees. Franchisee employees and/or workers appointed to manage personal data may become aware of any Users’ personal data. Such subjects, who are formally appointed by Franchisee as “persons in charge for the processing”, will process the relevant User’s data exclusively for the purposes specified under this policy and in compliance with the provisions of the GDPR, and other relevant privacy regulations.
- Service Providers. Franchisee uses agents, vendors, consultants and other service providers to help it maintain and operate its Web site, payment processing, and for other reasons related to the operation of its business, and those companies may receive your information for that purpose. These companies may only use such information for the purpose of performing those functions and may not use it for any other purpose, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes.
- Arte Bianca . We share your information with Arte Bianca in connection with it performing services on our behalf. For example, we share your information with Arte Bianca in order to facilitate your orders, maintain and administer your online accounts, respond to your questions and comments, comply with your requests, market and advertise to you, and otherwise comply with applicable law.
- Affiliates. We share your information with our affiliates for internal business purposes. For example, we share your information with our affiliates for customer support, marketing, and technical operations
- Business Partners. We share your information with our business partners in connection with offering you co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- Promotions. Our Promotions may be jointly sponsored or offered by third parties. If you voluntarily choose to enter a Promotion, we share your information with third parties a set forth in the official rules that govern the Promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a Promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Third Parties. We share your information with other third parties for purposes of facilitating your requests (such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on the Web site) and in connection with tailoring advertisements, measuring and improving our Web site and advertising effectiveness, and enabling other enhancements.
- Merger or Acquisition. We may share your information if Franchisee is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets. In such event, you may be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your information.
- Consent. We may share your information for any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent. Franchisee may also disclose aggregated de-identified information to potential business partners and other unaffiliated entities for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Social Media Features
Analytics, Advertising, and Retargeting
We may also engage third parties to serve advertisements on the Web site and/or on other sites. These third parties collect and share information with us during your visits to this and other sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you, measure and research the effectiveness of our advertisements, track page usage and paths followed during visits through our Web site, help us serve relevant internet banner advertisements on our Web site and on other sites, and track use of our internet banner advertisements and other links from our marketing partners’ sites to our Web site. Franchisee may use the information collected on its Web site for online behavioral advertising purposes including retargeting and to customize ads to you when you visit third party sites.
For further information on tracking and your rights and choices regarding them, please see the sections entitled “Information Collected Automatically” above and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Arte Bianca will retain User’s personal data for the period necessary for the execution of the services or to attend their requests or claims up to 12 years. After this time, Arte Bianca will keep retaining the data only to the extent necessary in order to fulfill its obligations provided by the law or the European laws and regulations.
When Users have given their consent for their personal data to be processed for the marketing purposes, their personal data will be retained until their consent is revoked.
Your Rights and Choices
Review and Update of Account Information
You have the right to access certain account information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the Web site. You may correct, update, amend, delete, or remove that information by making the change within your Franchisee online account or contacting us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. We will respond to your request for access within 30 days. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. European data subjects have additional rights as set forth in the section entitled “Your European Privacy Rights” below.
Tracking Technologies Generally
Most web browser applications (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Apple Safari) have features that can notify you when you receive a cookie or prevent cookies from being sent. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
You can reset your device advertising Id at any time through your device settings, which is designed to allow you to limit the use of information collected about you. For information on how to do this on Apple devices, visit Apple.com or https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074. For information on how to do this on Android devices, visit www.google.com. You can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app.
The location data collected through an app depends on your device settings and app permissions. You can exercise choice over the location data collected through our apps by (i) for GPS data, disabling location in your device settings or disabling location permissions to that app; (ii) for Bluetooth data, disabling Bluetooth and any Bluetooth scanning option in your device settings; or (iii) for WiFi data, disabling WiFi and any WiFi scanning option in your device settings. You can stop collection of all location data via an app by uninstalling the app.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, Franchisee does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
If you disable cookies or other device tracking features, however, you may not be able to use certain functions of the Web site.
Analytics and Advertising
You may also exercise choice regarding the receipt of interest-based advertising. Some of the advertisers that perform advertising-related services for us and our partners may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). Click here to visit the Network Advertising Initiative site. Some of these companies may also participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about the DAA and your opt out options for their members, please visit (i) for website opt out, http://www.aboutads.info/choices; and (ii) for mobile app opt out, http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of interest-based advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain interest-based advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks).
In addition, our European users may click here to learn more information about their online choices at www.youronlinechoices.com and to view their opt out choices for this type of advertising.
Franchisee is not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third parties’ opt out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
In order to provide service to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions, security or the administration of the Web site. From time to time, Franchisee may also send you other messages or updates about our Web site, Franchisee, or our promotions and other activities. If you do not wish to receive promotional communications from Franchisee, you can opt out at any time by following the instructions provided in those communications or by contacting us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
Your Privacy Rights
If you are a data subject in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have the right to request from Franchisee information about the processing of their data, and specifically:
- The right to access their personal data in order to know which data are being processed, as well as to request the rectification of inaccurate data, or, where appropriate, to request erasure of their personal data when, among other reasons, they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected.
- Under certain circumstances, the right to request the limitation of the processing of their data, in which case we will only keep them for the exercise or defense of claims.
- Under certain circumstances, the right to request the restriction of the processing of their personal data, in which case Arte Bianca shall only keep them for the exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Under certain circumstances, and for reasons related to their particular situation, the right to object to the processing of their personal data. Arte Bianca will stop treating their data, except for compelling legitimate reasons, or for the exercise or defense of legal claims.
- The right to receive the personal data provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format when technically possible and to transmit them to another data controller.
To exercise any of these rights, contact us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below and specify which right you intend to exercise. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we store information as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use the information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.
In any case, Users are entitled to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of the User’s habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if the User believes that Franchisee processing of his or her Personal Data is in violation of the applicable law.
The Web site are directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 16 or older. Franchisee will not approve applications of, or establish or maintain registrations for any child whom Arte Bianca knows to be under the age of 16. Franchisee does not solicit or knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16. If Franchisee nevertheless discovers that it has received personal data from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or whom Franchisee otherwise has reason to believe is, under the age of 16, Franchisee will delete such information from its systems. Additionally, a child’s parent or legal guardian may request that the child’s information be corrected or deleted from our files by contacting us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below.
Franchisee maintains reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help guard your information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the internet cannot be completely protected, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through our Web site.
Our responsible disclosure submission form can be found here.
Franchisee reserves the right to modify or supplement this policy at any time. If a material change to the terms of this policy is made, Franchisee will post a notice prior to the change becoming effective on its homepage and a link to the new policy.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: Rua Do Vento, 3, Aljezur 8670-082 (Portugal)
This policy was last updated april 27, 2020.